Over a year has gone. HYBRID has recovered from his last fall after FATE’s game and has continued to set forth with his life; FATE still weaving Her obstacles for him and the ‘Demon of the Conscience’, ID still present and battling with him as he progressed.
How will his journey be from here onwards?



HYBRID smiles.

He’s looking forward to what’s ahead.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Man.. been busybusybusy...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sigh... four consecutive days and no update..... expect yet ANOTHER long blog entry...
Now.. let's see if I can remember last Wednesday...

Wednesday, 16 March 2005
Morning, arrived on campus by 8.30am... to meet up with Abel & some of the CV members, Iqbal, VJ, KC & Kimmy...
That morning, Form 4 & 5 students from St. John - KB, Brunei were coming to Curtin...
The students arrived by bus and their teachers' car after 10.30am...
They were then led to the Council Meeting Room, which is at the first floor of the admin. building... (the meeting room that we, CV, sometimes get to use for our meetings)
Our Student Recruitment Officer (forgot name) did a presentation to them, introducing Curtin to them and all the fees stuffs....
somewhere during this time, Nadia & Serena got to join us to help out as well...
then Abel did his motivation talk that was the main agenda of the visit... a motivation talk to motivate them to study and work hard and all that...
After the talk was done, there was brief period of time dedicated for us, CV members as university students to interact with the students, to share our university experiences with them...
After that, we gave them a tour around campus... the usual style...
and then they went off in their bus... headed for town to continue on with their tour of Miri itself..

Haha... to tell you the truth.. this day, I skipped a class for these students...
Writing & Research Skill 062.... which started at 10.30am...
after the students were gone, we all headed for lunch at the cafeteria...
there, I met up with my classmate and he told me just as I had suspected... that day's class was just paraphrasing.... something I am doing fine with... or can improve on my own... (I believe...)
anyway.. had my lunch... and then just stayed there and just chatted...
today I felt better compared to some time ago when I was feeling less than energetic... reason why feeling better is probably cause got to be doing what I enjoy doing.. working with CV and Abel.....

Soon, by 2pm (I can still remember), I headed off to the next class venue for the next class, Engineering Math 062, which was an hour later...
There, I actually planned to do my homework... but instead, got online on the computer instead.. haha...
got through class.. more homework added.. and then went out...
during class, I suddenly received a SMS from Abel to meet him at the new Quiet Reading Room at the library for a CV meeting..
it was over half an hour later that I actually replied his SMS... I asked him if I was still in time to go for the meeting...
while waiting for his reply... got to chat a little with some of the new students at the cafeteria..
once I got the reply, I ran off to meet with Abel... his reply was just 'Just come..'
there, saw Iqbal, Abel, Snow Jae & Serena.... at the other side of the room....
Sat down with them while waiting for some more of the other CV members...

When some of the others (Bay, Darryl & VJ were the only ones that were able to make it to the imprompotu meeting) did arrive, this was where a new chapter opened for me... I would take it... a new chapter in my life in Curtin Volunteers and practically my life in Curtin... or even... my life itself...
in this meeting, Abel announced that he has already handpicked the board of committee members of CV, with the comments and suggections of the two CV Presidents, Serena & Snow Jae...
Let me explain a little... there are SIX main positions... 2 Presidents, 1 Vice-President (Bay), Secretary 1 & 2 (Nadia & Navodi), and Treasurer (Kimmy)...
And then, after that, is FOUR different divisions... Social & Community Service (SCS), Professional Advancement (PA), Campus Life & Public Relations (CLPR), and Administration & Publicity (AP)...
And guess what.. I was given the position as head..... Head of AP!!!
my goodness.. hey, the position would look good on my testimony/resume and all.. but then it is going to be hard work for me.... ( X_X )
PA was headed by Darryl..... CLPR by VJ... the head of SCS was not yet to be confirmed however, due to some internal problems...
Besides that, we discussed further more of our coming CV gathering... which is meant for ALL CV members, new and old...

After the meeting was done, we went to Sultana to have dinner... the ones that were able to make it for this were me, Abel, Iqbal, Serena & Bay...
We had dinner there, got to talk a lot... Abel met up with some old friends... Bay had to go off to a Rotaract meeting... got to meet with some of Azie's aunts there as well...
they came to check out the new band that was performing at Cheerie Berries (CB)... Abel & the rest of us got inside CB a little.. as Abel got to chat with someone there.. (who I actually don't know but suspect is someone VERY familiar with the club..)
after that, we moved to Desserts for some 'stress relieving time'...
Had ice-cream... Abel smsed to tease some of those that were not there...
besides that, Abel was actually planning to check out the new band as well... and we got to contact with some of our usual gang...
after some contacting here and there, finally decided not to go with the plan as Abel didn't want to have a small group to go in... and also the fact that most of us were very tired....

Headed home after that, and that ends the day...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thursday, 17 March, 2005
Morning, I came to campus early with my brother and stuck around cafeteria a little...
soon enough, I had to go to the Physics Lab for my class..
After class, came out and hung around cafeteria again....
hung around there for most of my time.. as nothing else to do.. besides chatting with friends...
then one hour of Chemistry class at 3pm..
after that, came back to the cafeteria to 'waste time'...

that night, Abel was planning for a CV meeting at Desserts...
but it was still evening time... after a while... everyone was gone already...
luckily, I was able to join Abel up at his office space... on one condition, that I do my study...
so there, I just do my Math homework... as I did, Abel & I were talking on CV... and he told me further more about my division's work...
man... and to think at the time it wasn't even the whole of it yet....

some time later, Iqbal & Serena came... and then we moved on to Annie's Little Kitchen....
There, we had our dinner.. joined by Kimmy, Sara & Darryl...
some others were suppose to join, but can't make it for the dinner... but hopefully will be joining for the meeting later at Desserts..
anyway.... we had fun while eating at Annie's.... haha.. good laughs....
Most of us were surprised at the end of dinner.. when we were about to go... We were surprised when we found out that our meals had been paid.... by Darryl!?!
Really... we did not detect him settling the bills for all of us! but thank you very much, Darryl!!

Desserts... immediately got out my Math homework and worked to finish them...
I wasn't the only one.. some of the others were also taking a look at their homework...
but at the same time, Abel was talking with everyone on the CV stuffs.... oh and by the way, VJ was able to join us that night... unfortunately, Bay & Snow couldn't..
we discussed.. enjoyed ice-cream... did our homework... and soon, it was coming to midnight...
Headed home and that night ended...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Friday, 18 March, 2005
Morning, I actually woke up late.... woke up at 7.30am and was so shock that I kept looking at the different clocks, but true enough.... my class was at 8am!
I showered and then just drove to campus without breakfast.... reached campus at 8am and then rushed to the classroom!
Thankfully I wasn't too late and quickly joined in my Physics tutorial...
Two hours later, got out for a half-hour break before my next class... ate something light for my breakfast... also, I went to my car to put my (darn heavy) THICK Physics Textbook... and then got out my labcoat and goggles... honestly... I despise my goggles.. they are annoyingly pathetic and its rim can cut into my skin very easily!!!
anyway... then 'wasted the rest of my break' back at the cafeteria... before finally going to the Chemistry laboratory....
two hours later, got out... went to my car to place my labcoat and goggles and then came back to the cafeteria for some more... 'time-wasting'... got to do that with Abel, Oja, Kimmy, Navodi, Oscar, Lis, Nadia & some more others...

However, really, I wasn't just throwing away my afternoon just like that... that afternoon I was supposed to meet up with my division members and also Serena & the two secretaries, Nadia & Navodi...
We decided to have the meeting at the Quiet Reading Room in the library, cause of the smoky haze that was outside...
My division members included Iqbal, Lis & Krishna and by the end of this week, after the CV Gathering, will be welcoming in THREE new members from amongst the new students.... can wait for that...
anyway.. on with the meeting, we discussed on some agendas that our division had to take care off...
we also discussed on who we were gonna welcome into our team...
we were done about an hour later... and so some of us had to go somewhere, while the rest of us headed for the cafeteria...
got to join up with Abel there... and two new students who needed a ride back to Curtin Village... and then Snow Jae joined us after some time of not seeing her...
then we made a move and left.... I followed Iqbal in his car, to Curtin Village to drop off Navodi and the new student and then went to drop off Serena at her house before we stopped at Iqbal's house...
there, got into some of our division's work... before soon VJ came over....
he introduced us to a little of his division's work and result.... which was good...
soon enough it was nearing 8pm.. VJ left with Renee & Dian... and then Iqbal & I headed for Boulevard for some dinner....
decided on either Sugar Bun or KFC... since he doesn't enjoy KFC.. and I prefer it... decided that we take away from each, me KFC, he Sugar Bun...
ate together and then headed off... had more work to take care of with Abel..

Picked up Serena and then we joined Abel up at his office space...
there, met up with VJ as well.... did some work... before we proceeded to the next plan of the night... Cheerie Berries (CB)...
First, went to Curtin Village to pick up some of the gang... then picked up some more at Senadin....
then arrived at Al Fresco first for some eating... I however couldn't enjoy the night... something was terribly bothering my mind...
soon when everyone was done eating, they proceeded to CB... I however, called it the night and headed home...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Saturday, 19 March 2005
Morning, woke up at 8.30am...
showered.... ate breakfast..... gone online for a while...
5am this morning, Iqbal left a message in my phone to give him a morning call at 11.20am...
after I had called him up, I headed off to my mother's office... made some photocopies of a newspaper clipping...
and then drove to campus... there met up with the other CV members, Iqbal, VJ, Sara, Kimmy, Navodi, Serena, Bay, Joanna, Izzah & Nadia...
Once Abel was ready, we headed off for Annie's Little Kitchen.. where we'll be having our officially FIRST CV Executive Committee (EXCO) Meeting... unfortunately, 3 out of 21 of the EXCO members were not able to make it.. Gretchel, Azie & Fiona....

Oh, by the way, remember the four divisions of CV? I doubt it... let me recap...

Social & Community Services (SCS) Division ~ now headed by Izzah, working with Amos & Giegel
Professional Advancement (PA) Division ~ headed by Darryl, working with KC, Sara & Fiona
Campus Life & Public Relations (CLPR) Divison ~ headed by VJ, working with Gretchel, Joanna & Azie
Administration & Publicity (AP) Division ~ headed by me, working with Iqbal, Lis & Krishna

At Annie's, we ate a buffet lunch.... (great food) and then about an hour later, we had our meeting...
Abel started off the meeting with welcoming regards to all present and briefed us on some of the details that all of us EXCO members will have to cover on...
then we proceeded to introducing the four divisions to everyone and some of the future activites covered by each...
then was the briefing of some of the plan of work from each division....
After the meeting was done, we had a group photo... once that done, we all had to move... Annie had to close the shop and some of us had to go for a Student Council Party Meeting....
The rest of the EXCO members will be continuing the meeting on campus... while me, Bay, Snow Jae, Serena & Kimmy had to go meet up with Benet & others at Lou Bin Tang...
there, we all proceeded to another location, which I believe I won't disclose....
There, we had our meeting....

OK.. allow me to explain...
The Student Council body is made through elections done by the students.. following the democracy system...
This group, now led by Benet & advisor, our ex-Student Council president, Raymond Ting... is CUSP, Curtin United Students' Party...
Members included a whole mix of representatives... CV, Rotaract, Leo, Noizy Minority, & some more...
first off, Benet introduced/reminded all members on how the election period is gonna be...
and then, we were told of some of the strategies on rounding up votes to win the elections....
we were all given our tasks to fulfill... and more than an hour later, we were done...

however, the CV work was not over... Bay couldn't join... but me, Snow, Serena & Kimmy headed to join the others at the VIP Lounge on the first floor of the admin. building...
Upon entering, we were greeted with a messy look as everyone was busy with their own work and assigments...
I was briefed by my division members on what I am to work on....
We all continued to work there for some more... Then, it was time to go on home.....
I sent off Kimmy, Snow Jae & Joanna... before heading home...

That night, I had planned to work on the flyer for the CV Welcoming Gathering, coming this Thursday...
Iqbal was able to come over to my house to deliver the CV Photo Archives.. and then we were able to do the flyer quickly enough...

Thus.. that should end my blog entry... today is Sunday and I still have work to work on...
hopefully will be able to do the update on this coming week...
do expect more update on that...

~ Isn't the trouble with life, the fact that by the time you can read a girl like a book, your library card has expired?
(Nice, ain't it? Got it from a friend, Adrian, who got it from some book about philosophy of life... according to him..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home